Velocity and Speed
* Speed is equal to distance traveled divided by time taken
* Velocity is equal to displacement divided by time taken.
* Velocity is speed with a direction. If we calculate an object velocity, we have to think about its direction too.
Calculating the speed
The way to calculating speed is
v = d : t
d = v x t
* The unit of distance in SI is meter, and the Unit of time is second; therefore the unit of speed is meter per second (m / s).
* The difference between velocity & speed is only in direction. The unit of velocity is same as speed, m / s
The Question of Speed